Now Hiring Facilities Custodian
Custodian Job Responsibilities
- Keeps building and property in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, or vacuums floors.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities.
- Dust’s furniture, walls, and equipment.
- Cleans windows, mirrors, and partitions with soap and other cleansers.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
- Shampoos or steam-cleans carpets and rugs.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Drives vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including industrial trucks, vans, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
Custodian Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning solutions
- Background in handling, mixing, and using cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- High school courses in shop may be preferred for jobs involving repair work